October 15, 2014

Twisted Colors: We'll Take The Lot Collection!

If you've been following my Facebook page, you'll know how absolutely excited I've been for this collection to be released.  My first purchase from Twisted Colors, Houses and Horcruxes, was inspired by the Houses of Harry Potter.  We'll Take The Lot is inspired by the candies of Harry Potter, and they are all absolutely fantastic!  There's not much else I can say about this collection aside from reviews, so let's just get right to it!

Twisted Colors: P.S. I Enjoy Acid Pops


Acid Pops has actually already been featured in my blog.  I got this collection about two weeks ago, having ordered it about 5 minutes after the collection was released, so I used this awesome neon green as a background for the ghosts on my left hand on the first day of the LPLGlamghouls challenge.


In the Potter universe, acid pops are something of a novelty candy.  They actually have acid in them which can burn a hole through the tongue!  Which brings us to the neon lime-y green of this polish.  I love it!  A holo polish in a green crelly base, with some medium-sized square glitters, PS I Enjoy Acid Pops is super fun.  (There's no acid in this polish - your nails are safe!)  Application is very easy and smooth, and two coats makes for perfect coverage.


The name of this polish comes from the sixth Harry Potter book, when Professor Dumbledore invites Harry to his office via a note.  The phrase is to let Harry know what the password is - for Harry learned early on that Dumbledore's password is often a type of candy.

I heart macros.

Twisted Colors: Alas, Earwax


Alas, Earwax is inspired by Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans - the jelly beans of the wizarding world.  As Ron Weasley tells Harry in the very first book, there are normal flavors like chocolate and coconut, but you also get flavors like liver, grass, and tripe ("George even reckons he ate a bogey-flavored one once!").  In the first book, Dumbledore tells Harry about how he was turned off to the beans when he ate a vomit flavored bean in his youth.  He decides to take one from Harry's bag and - "Alas, earwax!"



Alas, Earwax is an INCREDIBLE glitter bomb.  It's definitely the most dense glitterbomb I've ever owned!  The glitters come in all different shapes, sizes, and colors and are in a clear base.  I have three coats on my nails here.  It's actually a little bit too much for my taste - I think I would prefer one or two coats on top of a creme polish.  (Bet you didn't think that was possible for me!)  I wanted to use a creme base for these swatches, but I couldn't decide on a color!  I'm sure this would look great on top of any color.


Application is fairly tricky, which makes sense based on how dense the glitter is.  Rather than swipe the brush over my nail, I had to dab it on.  I'd place a big drop on the base of my nail, and then sort of dab the brush all around my nail in order to get good coverage.  I highly recommend a peel-off base coat if you use this polish, even if you only use one coat of it.  

RAWR SO MUCH GLITTER!!!!


Twisted Colors: One Good Jump


One Good Jump is inspired by Chocolate Frogs - or, more specifically, their packaging as seen in the movies.  Chocolate frogs are frog-shaped chocolates that have a charm placed on them which actually makes them able to jump around.


Another glitter bomb, this polish has a blue jelly base to match the main color in the candy's packaging.  The glitter colors all come from the packaging - and the chocolate itself!  What else is inspired by the candy?  The polish's smell! That's right, One Good Jump is available with a chocolate scent!  I think this is my first scented polish since I was a little kid.  Surprisingly, the scent doesn't get covered up by a top coat.  I assumed it would, but nope, you can still smell the chocolate even with a normal top coat.


Application of One Good Jump is easier than Alas, Earwax, but it still doesn't spread on as smoothly as Acid Pops or the Houses and Horcruxes collection.  I used sort of a dab-spread motion to get this polish on.  Two coats looks pretty good, but the shade of the jelly and the density of the glitter, as always, look best with three coats.


One awesome thing about this one and Alas, Earwax is that if you smudge your nail when it's still a little bit wet, there's so much glitter going on that you an hardly tell!  I smooshed at least one nail on each hand before I took the pictures for both of these, and I don't see any of that in the photos.  Hooray!

Twisted Colors: Never Loses Its Flavour


Drooble's Best Blowing Gum is the inspiration behind this polish.  It's a bubble gum that lets you blow bubbles that last for days, as well as never losing its flavor - thus the name of the polish.


It is an absolutely beautiful polish!  With an icy-periwinkle blue base and a few different sized glitters, the main feature of Never Loses Its Flavour is the holo glitter.  It is absurdly holographic, and I can't get enough of it!


Application is pretty smooth, though if you want a lot of the larger circle glitters it's a little bit trickier.  But if you're okay with less of the circles, it's very easy to spread on.  The holos are so dense - denser than any of the other holo polishes I own!

Just out of focus enough to see how awesomely holographic it is!
 
I'm super, super happy with this collection.  I love them all, but if I absolutely HAD to pick a favorite, I think I'd go with Never Loses Its Flavour.  Which one is your favorite?  Are any of them totally not your style?  Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment