August 13, 2016

Do I Need Them All? Black Dahlia Lacquer & Polish Me Royalty strawberry polishes

Hey, it's been a while since I published a post in this series!  I'm not really sure why I dropped the ball on that one.  I'm clumsy. ;)

Anyway, today I'm going to compare the polish that you saw on the blog this past week with another strawberry-inspired polish.  Because I'm obsessed with strawberry polish, it was inevitable that I wound up with two similar ones!


Today we'll be looking at Polish Me Royalty's Strawberry Shortcake and Black Dahlia Lacquer's Strawberry Fields.  (I did a full swatch of Strawberry Fields at the beginning of last year, and you can find that post here.)

I have Strawberry Shortcake on my pointer and ring fingers, and Strawberry Fields on my middle and pinky fingers.


They're definitely very similar, but also noticeably different.  Strawberry Fields is a brighter, more true pink than Strawberry Shortcake, which is a bit more muted and on the berry-purple side.  (Is "pinurple" a thing? "purnk"?  I'm calling purple-leaning pinks purnk from now on.)

Both polishes have a subtle shimmer that my regular camera can barely pick up.  And the flash on my camera is so unbelievably bright that it completely washes everything out this up close - so I have to take any flash photos on my phone.  You can kinda-sorta see the shimmers in the flash photo:


You can see that Strawberry Fields' shimmer is more golden-pink, while the shimmer in Strawberry Shortcake is more silvery-pink.  They're both very subtle and very pretty.

As I mentioned in this week's post, Strawberry Shortcake is very nearly a OCW.  If my nails were shorter and/or I had this in a full-sized bottle, I would probably only need one coat of it.  It's a much more highly pigmented formula that Strawberry Fields, which definitely requires two coats, even using a full-sized brush.  And as I also mentioned earlier this week Strawberry Shortcake is SCENTED which is awesome!  Strawberry Fields is not scented.

So, do I need them all?  Well, I do, because strawberries.  Although, funnily enough, I don't usually reach for pink when I want to throw on a quick coat of polish.  Under normal, non-strawberry-inspired circumstances, I would probably not want to bother owning such similar shades of pink polish (sorry, pink).  Buuut they're definitely not dupes, so for a pink lover or a fellow strawberry lover, I'd say that yes, you DO need them all!

Thanks for checking out this month's edition of Do I Need Them All!  Which of these shades do you prefer?  Let me know in the comments!

And don't forget to enter my blogiversary giveaway, which can be found here!  There are only a few days left to enter!

No comments:

Post a Comment