August 19, 2016

Comic book nail art

I've been dying to give this nail art look a try for a while now, and recently I finally decided to dive in!  I was a little bit incensed to do it when I found some awesome comic book nail art stickers in a set by KISS Nails at Target.


So... this turned out to be a LOT harder than I'd imagined.  I guess I shouldn't be surprised - the entire concept of the comic nails are centered around freehand lines, after all.  And freehand lines are hard.  A word of advice if you're gonna try this out: don't bother getting your main color all the way to your cuticles like you normally would.  That way, you'll have an easier time of covering it all up with your black liner brush!


But look at me dominate this tiny Hulk figurine! :D I picked up several Marvel Mystery Minis from Target at Derek's request a few months ago.

The polishes that I used for this look are Zoya Ling, Finger Paints Ch-ART-coal Black (a striping polish), and Zoya's matte top coat (because comic book nails can't be glossy!).

 

Then I decided to have a bit of fun with Photoshop...


I borrowed some comic book skin from this source and laid it over my own skin; the background is borrowed from this source and laid over my own background.  And the lines around my hands and nails were painstakingly drawn by my own hand (made more difficult by the fact that my sister was telling me a funny story over the phone about my nephew while I was doing this!).  I'm very proud of this.

What do you think of this look?  Have you ever tried out comic book nails?  Let me know in the comments!

3 comments:

  1. Super cute! I bought some of the KISS nail stickers recently and I hate how they looked. You managed to make them look amazing bit my edges looked all bumpy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My edges are kinda bumpy too, in fact if you zoom way in you can see that the stickers made a bit of an indent in the polish because apparently it was still too wet when I put them on. Maybe I can help you use your stickers next time I see you? :)

      Delete
  2. Super cute! I bought some of the KISS nail stickers recently and I hate how they looked. You managed to make them look amazing bit my edges looked all bumpy.

    ReplyDelete