March 25, 2015

Jamberry: Everything Nice

I've created enough wibbly nail art in my time to know that everything takes practice, and that nothing is ever as easy the first time you try it as the tutorial makes it look.  And that, I realized, also applies to applying nail wraps.

The first time I posted about Jamberry nail wraps was over the summer, and a string of recent online parties for Jamberry has re-ignited my interest in their products.  If you remember, the first time I applied Jams things were a bit wrinkly, and I ended up taking the wraps off within two days (the wraps are supposed to be able to last up to 14 days).  The second time I applied them was months later, and I didn't have much more success.  Another problem I had that time was that I used wraps that were too big on a few nails.  So lesson learned, Jams are the opposite of shoes: always size down rather than up!

Those wraps didn't stay on my nails very long either, and my application was so wrinkled and messy that I didn't even bother taking pictures.  But the good news is that each package of Jamberry comes with two wraps of each size, so I can still get a good long-lasting mani with that pattern!  (It was Crash Art, and it is awesome.)

Determined to get a long-lasting, pretty Jamberry mani, I watched a couple of videos with tips on how to apply them and tried again.  YouTube user BeautyandJams has lots of really great tutorial videos with some really neat tips and tricks for both applying and removing Jams.  So when I applied these wraps, called Everything Nice, I was very happy with my application results!  I still had a little bit of wrinkling, but this time it was only on my pointer fingers, rather than all of them.  I have long felt that my pointer finger nails bend kinda funny at the sides, and the fact that I only got wrinkles on those fingers solidifies that belief!


It's worth nothing, I think, that the patterns look far less pixelated in person than they do in the large photos.  Since they're printed from a computer, the designs are made up of pixels, and since you're seeing an image created by pixels, well, the pixels stand out a lot.  (Say "pixels" more, please.)  But in person, the designs look very smooth and pixel-free.

 

As great as these applied this time, I still took them off after just a few days.  It's hard to keep my nails the same for more than 4-5 days when I have a blog to run, after all!

Holding-the-product shots are super awkward when the product is a long, flat rectangle. :)

I'm currently hosting an online Jamberry party, so if you're interested in buying any wraps right now, please shop through this link and select my party - "Kate Jamz Into Spring" (or maybe it just has my name, Kate Wagner) - when you check out!  Jamberry has just released their new spring catalog and there are some great new wraps in there - and they have an amazing Mother's Day bundle available right now!

Have you ever tried Jamberry wraps, or any other kind of nail wrap?  How did you like them?  Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment