September 8, 2014

Reverie Nail Lacquer: Nightfall

Remember from my post on Andromeda and Mermaid Scales how I said that Reverie threw in a mini bottle of polish that wasn't in the store?  As it turns out, it was a sneak peak at their 2014 fall collection!  I felt super special, and wanted to be sure to swatch it before the collection was released!  So let's get to it!

Nightfall is a gorgeous purple holographic polish.  The sparkles have a green tint to them.  Not in a weird, puke-y green way, and not in a Barney the dinosaur way, but in a beautiful, shimmery kind of way!  It looks so elegant.  In some lighting, it almost has a taupe-ish hue to it.  (Between Mermaid Scales and Nightfall, I think I'm a little obsessed with holos and now I want them ALL.)  Unfortunately, my stupid camera wouldn't capture the green very well, and the Universe didn't play nice and give me a sunny day today.


Nightfall is not as sheer as Mermaid Scales.  Two coats looked great, but it was still a liiiittle bit sheer for my taste, so I went up to three coats.

The focus is bad on this one, but it helps to show off the rainbow effect of the holo.
I wish it also showed off the green tint!

On my left ring finger, I used one coat of Sally Hansen CSM "Trouble Maker" as a base coat, and only two coats of Nightfall.  I adore it!  It helps to bring out the purple in the holo, yet also brings out the rainbow shimmer effect.  I think I wish I only used one coat of Nightfall.  Trouble Maker shows through pretty well in the photo, but in person it's masked a little too hard.


On my left pointer finger, I tried using a coat of Nina Ultra Pro "Black" as a base, and I wasn't crazy about the effect.  It sort of brings out the green in the holo, which is kind of nice, but I definitely prefer either no base color or purple.  In this picture, it looks pretty neat and galaxy-like, but it's a bit... weirder in person.


Reverie's fall collection will be available for preorder this weekend, Friday September 12th through Sunday the 14th; its official release date is Saturday the 27th.  Check out Reverie's Facebook page and their shop!  I really really want Lagoon from this collection - but thanks to my recent polish-buying embargo, I'll just have to work out extra hard if I want to buy it!  (Though I DO have a birthday sort of coming up... *wink*)  What are your favorites from the collection?  Scroll through Reverie's Facebook page, or check out The Mercurial Magpie's review, to see the polishes and let me know!

PS You can now find me on Bloglovin'! Follow my blog with Bloglovin!

No comments:

Post a Comment