July 8, 2016

Polka Dot nail art recreation

Whenever I'm feeling a bit of a nail art slump, I turn to other bloggers and nail artists for inspiration.  This week, I found an awesome design by Nessa of @nessas_nails_ that I decided to (mostly) recreate! 

Here is her original design, which she did for a nail art challenge back in May:


And of course, I'm super in to my neons lately so I chose to recreate Nessa's look using a neon orange - Deborah Lippmann Don't Stop Believin'.


I don't have any large charms like Nessa's, so I used a small gem from a set that I got as a gift a few years ago (I don't know the brand).  My white base, as always, is Salon Perfect Sugar Cube.  I used the white base beneath my solid orange nails as well so that it would perfectly match the tip of my middle finger.  Don't Stop Believin' is fairly sheer, which is common for neons, so a white base is always a good idea.

I had a lot of fun recreating this look!  Laying down the striping tape was tricky, because I'm not used to it, but I made it work - even on my right hand!

What do you think of this look?  Which color scheme do you like better?  Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment