September 2, 2015

OPI Pineapples Have Peel-ings Too

Remember back when I swatched two colors from OPI's summer 2015 collection, I said that Pineapples Have Peel-ings Too looked kind of awkwardly awesome and that I might get it eventually?  Well, I got it.  Let's take a look!


My first assessment that Pineapples Have Peel-ings, Too was awkwardly awesome turned out to be pretty accurate.  The yellow-gold metallic base is really great, but the glitters are a bit awkward.  They get kind of drowned out by the base, and oh my goodness they smear so easily.  That tends to happen with large glitters, but these are a pretty medium size.  Most of the indie glitter polishes that I've used with glitters of this size are a bit more cooperative.  But the base is thin and forgiving enough that dabbing the glitters around didn't make it super lumpy and gross-looking, so that's a plus.

The setting sun streams beautifully into my living room this time of year.  Unfortunately I was a dolt and didn't reset the white balance on my camera, so the color is a little bit extra yellow in this picture.  But it shows off the sparkle in this polish so well that I wanted to show it to you anyway!  The sparkle is almost holographic in the brightest of lighting - you can really see the rainbow shimmer in the bottle between the letters P and I.


I'd really love to have this base color on its own!  It's an absolutely flawless metallic, very up to OPI's formula standards.  It's thin, but not watery; opaque at two coats; and it dries quickly, but not so quickly that it gets goopy while you're applying it.  It dried to an almost-semi matte finish, but barely.  A matte top coat would probably suit this polish really well - and you know how rarely I say that!  I like the matte look on cremes and for some nail art, but on top of metallics and glitters I almost always feel that matte flattens them out too much.

What do you think of this polish?  Are you totally done with summer polishes and want to start seeing fall colors?  Let me know in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. Oof that one looks like salad dressing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I don't think I've ever seen quite so colorful a salad dressing.

      Delete