November 1, 2014

Final Halloween Nails of the Year: Disco Nails! (plus some updates)

Yesterday was October 31, and you know what that means!  I spent quite a bit of time on my nails for my Halloween look, even though they're actually quite simple.

I like my hair, nails, and makeup to all match my costume.  So when I decided to be a disco dancer for Halloween (again? yeah, well, I'm too broke for a new costume and this one still fits), I spent a decent amount of time researching what people wore on their nails in the 1970s.  Apparently, the French manicure was popularized in the 70s, so that was a good option for me.  People also started wearing bright, vibrant colors in the 70s.  Just check out this vintage nail polish ad:


And, of course, I have Nails Inc, London "Knightsbridge," which is basically a shattered disco ball turned into nail polish.  But they didn't really have glitter polish in the 70s, so at first I couldn't decide what to do.  I tried asking my followers, but unfortunately my following is still pretty small and, sadly, silent.  So that was a bust.  Eventually I decided to do a classic French mani and give it some POW using Knightsbridge.  And I was SO happy with the look!


The pink totally looks like it could be my naked nail, but it's China Glaze Innocence - my perfect French manicure pink!  I used some French tip guides and China Glaze White on White for the tips.

 

Stupidly, I tried to put pantyhose on too soon after painting my nails.  Yeah.  So they pretty much got ruined about 5 minutes after I took these pictures.  I was able to smoosh them around into an acceptable appearance, good enough for handing out candy and taking pictures on my phone, but not good enough to take more pictures using my camera.


So that's my Halloween look!  I wish I'd gotten this post done when it was still Halloween, but ah well.  I was pretty tired after handing out candy, as I'm still fighting off a cold, so I just wanted to veg out with my leftover candy and watch Hocus Pocus.

This nail art counts as the last day of the LPLGlamghouls Halloween challenge.  Sadly, I missed the last two or three designs due to a death in the family.  I'm working on a tribute post, which should be ready to be posted in the next few days.  Between the funeral and my not-quite-sickness immediately after, I haven't been very active on my nails or blog for the past week or so, but don't worry, I have some great things planned for the month of November!  (Including another hiatus as I'll be back in Michigan for Thanksgiving - more details on that later.)  Be sure to follow me on Facebook and Instagram to stay updated on the little things!

What was your favorite nail art design of Halloween? (By me or by anybody else!)  What are your favorite Halloween traditions?  Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment