December 5, 2015

(yet another) Hiatus Announcement

Okay, I know I've only been blogging for a year and 3 months or so, and I've already gone on two or three hiatuses.  That seems like a lot of breaks in such a short amount of time, I know.  Most of those hiatuses (except for the one that I took this time last year, which was because I was on vacation for 9 days) have been because I burned out a little; keeping up with a regular schedule of doing my nails and blogging got too exhausting and I needed a break.  But this time, I'm taking a break to avoid the burnout, and to make sure I'm only blogging when it's because I want to, not because I need to.

As you may know if you follow me on Facebook, I've started a crochet business.  I started out selling to family and friends via a Facebook group, but I'm actually working on opening up a big-girl shop on Big Cartel!  I absolutely adore crocheting, and I'm super excited to be able to make money off of such an enjoyable hobby.  In the last week, I got four orders from friends - plus I've been neglecting a fifth order for my aunt, which she placed months ago.  On top of that, I want to make a Christmas-themed table runner, which I'm hoping to finish before my boyfriend's parents fly in from China in mid-December.  And, even though I was super productive and finished making ALL of the Christmas (and Christmastime birthday) presents for my family in Michigan, I still have three gifts to make for the people I'll be spending Christmas with.  To be honest, with all of that on my to-do list, I'm a little scared to open up my shop before Christmas!  I'm afraid that I simply won't have the time to make anything for anyone else in time, and I certainly don't want to start out my business with frustrated, giftless customers.

So, as you can see, I have a TON of crocheting to do.  Some of it has a pre-Christmas deadline, which is fast approaching.  With all of that going on, plus my normal life like looking for a full-time job and doing chores and not neglecting my boyfriend, and family staying with us for the entire second half of December, I fear that trying to keep up with blogging will absolutely break me.  So in order to prevent that from happening, in order to remember that I do my nails and blog because I like to, I'm going to put a hold on the blog for a few weeks.  I might do one or two posts in the coming weeks - I was hoping to do at least one Christmas nail art design like I did last year! - but I almost definitely won't be posting once a week.  I might end up skipping December's Do I Need Them All post as well.  We'll see.

As with my previous blogging breaks, I'll probably still be active on my various social media accounts!  Since Twitter and Instagram are also my personal accounts, you might get to see some of my crochet updates and pics of holiday celebrations.  And at the very least, I'll be around on Facebook to keep you in the loop for awesome nail polish sales and giveaways!

I just wanted to let you all know what's going on, because I know how sad it can be when a blogger just stops posting.  I will be back some time in January, I'm sure.  Hopefully I'll be able to stick to the same schedule that I've been doing since summer!

I want to wish you all Happy Holidays.  Whether you celebrate any of them or not, I hope that the next month is filled with joy, happiness, and love.

PS If you're interested in seeing what I crochet, feel free to visit (or join!) my Facebook group.  And check out my shop, http://katescrochets.bigcartel.com/!  It's now open and I'm even running a giveaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment