October 2, 2015

October nail art challenge Day 1: Gold

This is probably going to be an annual thing for me.  Remember last year when I did the LPLGlamhouls Halloween nail art challenge?  Well, this year I found another challenge for Halloween!  I'm super excited for a reason to play with so many different nail art designs.  And I'm also glad that I found another challenge that doesn't have something different for all 31 days of October - I don't think I could keep that up for a whole month.

The theme for today was gold.  I've never really associated the color gold with Halloween, so I did a pretty eclectic manicure.


I used Sally Hansen Big Smoky Topcoat as a base (I'm such a rebel), and then painted Salon Perfect Gold Leaf on top.  The bats vinyls that I used are from last month's Mani of the Month box by a few different indie brands; the vinyls themselves are by Nails Redesigned.  The swirl and chevron vinyls that I used come from KBShimmer.  

This theme was definitely not the most exciting Halloween-wise for me, but it forced me to think outside the box just a little bit more than I usually do, so I enjoyed it!  I absolutely can't wait for the next theme, especially since I had to skip the candy corn design last year.


Here's the image for the challenge!  Does anybody want to participate in this with me?  Let me know in the comments, and if you share your manis on Instagram, be sure to use the hashtag #nailartoct!

5 comments:

  1. Can anyobe participate even if we dont have a blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can anyobe participate even if we dont have a blog?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! You can share your nail art anywhere you'd like!

      Delete
    2. Absolutely! You can share your nail art anywhere you'd like!

      Delete
  3. Wow! This is GORGEOUS! I never even knew a smoky topcoat existed. I'd love to try this effect with a metallic burgundy. How many coats of topcoat/basecoat did you rebelliously use? :-)

    ReplyDelete